Saturday, July 19

JOLLY BOY SALOON & RESTAURANT

This is the view of the patio at my work. It's a beautiful patio that I would love to have in my future home. I especially love the vines that are supposed to climb up and over the patio, but no one trains them to.

But it's not the patio that keeps me coming back to work every week. And everyone knows that it's not the uniforms. It's definitely my coworkers that make the environment so enjoyable. What's a day with out the server David telling me that I'm late and making fun of each other. Or without our chefs New York accent talking out the side of his mouth. What about my GM asking me tons of questions about the special of the day? Or Enrique telling the customers we have free water? Or my favorite...getting off work and Adrienne asking where we are going for happy hour that day. It is definitely a really fun place to work at and I get along with everyone. If it weren't for my coworkers and the ambiance they help create at work I wouldn't have stayed so long...plus I get to pick up some Spanish here and there.

The only other real big downfall of the restaurant in my opinion is how touristy the area is especially the location of the restaurant. One day things will be dead the next it could be only a Tuesday and it could be popping all day. Another downfall is that I wish we had more Mexican food. However I have become quite fond of the variety of our menu because it is a really good selling point for groups who have picky eaters. I have yet to try our seafood dishes besides the mahi tacos, but everyone I ask say they love the food. So check out my restaurant sometime. If you can't find anything you like on the menu I'm sure our chef has cooked up something delicious for our special of the day..trust me I sample it every time! Lol..

No comments: